Fun fact: the Outdoor Research Valhalla jacket is my first softshell. Well, the first softshell I can remember owning as an adult. Here’s a first look at the jacket by Winnemucca Lake in Mokelumne Wilderness. Full reviews of the hike and the jacket to come shortly.
Some specs from Outdoor Research:
- Critically Taped Seams
- Drawcord Hem
- Hand Pockets Set Above Hip Belt Or Harness
- Two Zippered Hand Pockets
- Dual Zippered Napoleon Pockets
- Internal Front-Zip Stormflap
- Double-Sliding TorsoFlo™ Hem-to-Bicep Zippers
- Water Resistant
- DWR Coated Zippers
- Small Internal Mesh Pocket
- Hook/Loop Cuff Closures
- Internal Media Pocket
- Double-Separating Center-Front Zipper
- Adjustable Wire-Brimmed Hood
- Average weight is 19.3oz
- Roomier fit
The Outdoor Research Valhalla was provided to me for an honest review.
Last updated on January 6, 2015.